Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 TODO list - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 6.5 TODO list
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, here is the list.  Please send me changes.

> Can not insert/update oid

I think this is very unlikely to get fixed for 6.5, might as well just
put it on the to-do-later list.

> EXPLAIN SELECT 1 UNION SELECT 2 crashes, rewrite system?

Already fixed, I believe, unless someone can produce a case that
fails...

> move UNION stuff into rewrite files

Is this the same as EXPLAIN issue above, or a different concern?

> Vacuum of tables >2 gigs - NOTICE:  Can't truncate multi-segments relation

This is definitely a "must fix" item for 6.5, IMHO...

> missing optimizer selectivities for date, etc.

The selectivity-estimation code needs major work.  Again, I'd say just
shove it to the 6.6 list...

> int8 indexing needs work?

Is this done, or are there still problems?

> hash on int2/char only looks a first bytes, and big-endian machines hash poorly

Fixed.

> Some CASE() statements involving two tables crash

Fixed.

> CREATE FUNCTION fails

Isn't this fixed?  I wasn't aware of any remaining problems...

> Make sure pg_internal.init generation can't cause unreliability
> pg_interal.init, check for reliability on rebuild

Duplicate items, I think.

> GROUP BY expression?

I think I've fixed the problems here.

> problem with ALTER TABLE on inherited
> ALTER TABLE ADD COLUMN to inherited table put column in wrong place

Duplicates?

> GROUP BY can reference columns not in target list

What's wrong with that?

> SELECT name, value FROM t1 as touter WHERE (value/(SELECT AVG(value)
>     FROM t1 WHERE name = touter.name)) > 0.75; fails

Fixed.