Re: psql on red hat 7.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: psql on red hat 7.1
Date
Re: psql on red hat 7.1  ("Scott W. Hill" <stmpjmpr@mac.com>)
List pgsql-general
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> The symptoms you mention are what happens when PostgreSQL is compiled
> without the "readline" library(ies).  Normally the PostgreSQL
> "configure" program finds this if it's on your system, but I'm thinking
> that perhaps you don't have it installed or the "configure" program
> didn't find it for some reason.

Note that you need to have both the library itself and its header files.
If you installed 'em from RPMs that means you need both readline and
readline-devel RPMs.  Otherwise configure will decide you haven't got
readline installed...

            regards, tom lane