Re: creating audit tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: creating audit tables
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Cain <cain@cshl.org> writes:
> Heck!  So much for feeling close.  It is somewhat frustrating to me that
> such an obviously useful tool (having and using audit tables) should be
> so difficult to implement.

The only really reasonable way to implement this is as a C function
anyway.  I think anything involving a PL language is going to be a huge
performance drag, if you intend to put it on essentially every table.

There are some pretty closely related examples in contrib/spi/, though
I don't see anything that does *exactly* what you want.  If you came up
with something that does, I think it'd be reasonable to add it to that
set of examples ...

            regards, tom lane