Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12.06.21 11:41, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> The patch includes basic AUTOCOMMIT and ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK tests, which
> did not exist before, at all.

I looked at these tests first.  The tests are good, they increase
coverage.  But they don't actually test the issue that was broken by the
previous patch, namely the situation where autocommit is off and the
user manually messes with the savepoints.  I applied the tests against
the previous patch and there was no failure.  So the tests are useful,
but they don't really help this patch.  Would you like to enhance the
tests a bit to cover this case?  I think we could move forward with
these tests then.