Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date
Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Peter,

>> My overly naive trust in non regression test to catch any issues has been
>> largely proven wrong. Three key features do not have a single tests. Sigh.
>>
>> I'll have some time to look at it over next week-end, but not before.
>
> I have reverted the patch and moved the commit fest entry to CF 2021-07.

Attached a v7 which fixes known issues.

I've tried to simplify the code and added a few comments. I've moved query
cancellation reset in one place in SendQuery. I've switched to an array of
buffers for notices, as suggested by Tom.

The patch includes basic AUTOCOMMIT and ON_ERROR_ROLLBACK tests, which did
not exist before, at all. I tried cancelling queries manually, but did not
develop a test for this, mostly because last time I submitted a TAP test
about psql to raise its coverage it was rejected.

As usual, what is not tested does not work…

--
Fabien.
Attachment