Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system
Date
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system  (Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> [ shrug... ]  This just reinforces my point: if every packager is going
>> to have his own opinion about how to do it, there's little point in
>> trying to provide a pre-fab solution.

> Well, there's a point if every packager have his own opinion but the
> opinions all happen to be equal.

I think we've already found out that the opinions *aren't* equal.
So far the score seems to be:Red Hat: will use relative symlinkSolaris: will use hardwired path in program???: will use
absolutesymlink

Peter's patch supports only the third case, which no packager has yet
committed to use (though I suppose Debian might like to).  It just gets
in the way for the other two cases.