Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zdenek Kotala
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add configure option --with-system-tzdata to use operating system
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> I think we've already found out that the opinions *aren't* equal.
> So far the score seems to be:
>     Red Hat: will use relative symlink
>     Solaris: will use hardwired path in program

Finally, Because my original patch has not been accepted, Solaris also
use relative symlink for PostgreSQL 8.2. Absolute symlink invokes some
problem during packaging and also breaks live upgrade.

    Zdenek