Re: How to optimize insert statements ?

From: Tom Lane
Subject: Re: How to optimize insert statements ?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-novice

Tree view

How to optimize insert statements ?  ("Christian Leclerc", )
 Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  ("Christian Leclerc", )
   Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  (Sean Davis, )

"Christian Leclerc" <> writes:
> I'm encountering a performance issue with insert statements.

It looks to me like your trigger is the entire cause of the slowness.
I think you would be well advised to get rid of it and use a serial
column (ie a sequence object) instead of a handmade, poorly performing
substitute for sequences.

            regards, tom lane