Re: How to optimize insert statements ?

From: Christian Leclerc
Subject: Re: How to optimize insert statements ?
Date: ,
List: pgsql-novice

Tree view

How to optimize insert statements ?  ("Christian Leclerc", )
 Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  ("Christian Leclerc", )
   Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  (Sean Davis, )
    Re: How to optimize insert statements ?  ("Christian Leclerc", )

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your reply and advise. I understand in your email that the
use of a sequence object will increase the performance of my trigger.
Therefore I'm going to replace that in my code immediately. Anyway, my
problem is not exactly the performances; it's more the insertion time
growing. Indeed I don't understand why the insertion time grows
"exponentially" with my single transaction. If I split my objects
insertion into several transactions (instead of one), the problem seems
to disappear. Would you see any reasons linked to the Postgres
transactions explaining this insertion time growing ?

Regards,
Christian