Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-05-15 18:41, Daniel Verite wrote:
> I'd go further and suggest that there shouldn't be a variable
> controlling this. All results that come in should be processed, period.

I agree with that.

> It's not just about \; If the ability of CALL to produce multiple
> resultsets gets implemented (it was posted as a POC during v11
> development), this will be needed too.

See previous patch here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/4580ff7b-d610-eaeb-e06f-4d686896b93b%402ndquadrant.com

In that patch, I discussed the specific ways in which \timing works in
psql and how that conflicts with multiple result sets.  What is the
solution to that in this patch?