Re: pg_proc.dat "proargmodes is not a 1-D char array" - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_proc.dat "proargmodes is not a 1-D char array"
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Perhaps we can improve these error messages like below.  (Or maybe just
> keep it one message "proargmodes is not a 1-D char array of %d
> elements"?)  There are about 5 places to change I think.

I doubt that it's really worth expending more code on this.
Certainly I see no reason why that particular test is more likely
to fail than the others, in the presence of corrupt data --- and
I don't want to add individual elog's for each one.

Adding the expected length to the error message might be OK though.