Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dennis
Subject Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
Unfortunately, no can not do what you have proposed because to make B a slave of A requires that you make binary copy
ofA to B and then turn on replication from A to B which will break B to C replication.

What you can do with your current configuration is do a pg_dumpall or pg_dump of A and load that logical dump into B
whichwould then replicate the data to C.

Dennis