Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/2/15 9:54 PM, Dennis wrote:
> What you can do with your current configuration is do a pg_dumpall or pg_dump of A and load that logical dump into B
whichwould then replicate the data to C.

IF you can't handle the downtime you could also setup londiste or Slony
and logically replicate A to B.

But (assuming A and B are binary compatible) you'd be better off just
breaking the B to C replication, setting B up as a replica of A, and
then setting C up as a replica of B.