Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_crypto failures with llvm on OSX
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Buildfarm member mussel (OS X 10.7.3, llvm-gcc 4.2.1, x86_64)seems to be
> getting consistent warnings when running the pgcrypto regression tests,
> that look like this:

>     WARNING: detected write past chunk end in ExprContext 0x7fec2b11eb58

> Does anyone have an idea why that might be?

Worksforme, on an up-to-date Lion system using exactly the same
compiler version.  I do see the deprecation warnings (which Apple
seems to have plastered on every single OpenSSL function ... doesn't
leave me with a warm feeling about their future plans).

I suspect that mussel has an ABI-incompatible openssl library hanging
around someplace.  On my machine "otool -L pgcrypto.so" shows

/usr/lib/libcrypto.0.9.8.dylib (compatibility version 0.9.8, current version 44.0.0)

It'd be interesting to know what it says on mussel.