Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/21/21 12:59 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> OK, pushed after a little bit of additional polishing (mostly comments).
>> Thanks everyone!
>
> florican reports this is seriously broken on 32-bit hardware:
>
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=florican&dt=2021-01-20%2023%3A08%3A15
>
> First guess is incorrect memory-allocation computations ...

I know, although it seems more like an access to unitialized memory.
I've already posted a patch that resolves that for me on 64-bits (per
valgrind, I suppose it's the same issue).

I'm working on reproducing it on 32-bits, hopefully it won't take long.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company