Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching
Date
Re: POC: postgres_fdw insert batching  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On 1/21/21 1:17 AM, Zhihong Yu wrote:
> Hi,
> The assignment to resultRelInfo is done when junk_filter_needed is true:
>
>          if (junk_filter_needed)
>          {
>              resultRelInfo = mtstate->resultRelInfo;
>
> Should the code for determining batch size access mtstate->resultRelInfo
> directly ?

IMO the issue is that code iterates over all plans and moves to the next
for each one:

     resultRelInfo++;

so it ends up pointing past the last element, hence the failures. So
yeah, either the code needs to move before the loop (per my patch), or
we need to access mtstate->resultRelInfo directly.

I'm pretty amazed this did not crash during any of the many regression
runs I did recently.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra