Re: Copy command to handle view for my export requirement - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Siva Palanisamy
Subject Re: Copy command to handle view for my export requirement
Date
Re: Copy command to handle view for my export requirement  (Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have installed Windows version of Postgres 9.0.4 in my windows machine to test the new copy command as detailed in
thebelow e-mails. When I run the command in SQL Editor, I got permission error. But I am running as an administrator.

COMMAND: copy (select * from employee) to 'C:/emp.csv'
ERROR:  could not open file "C:/emp.csv" for writing: Permission denied
********** Error **********
ERROR: could not open file "C:/emp.csv" for writing: Permission denied
SQL state: 42501

COMMAND: \copy (select * from employee) to 'C:/emp.csv'
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "\"
LINE 1: \copy (select * from employee) to 'C:/emp.csv'
        ^
ERROR: syntax error at or near "\"
SQL state: 42601

Please correct me where I am going wrong. FYI, I am running under the administrator accounts of both Windows Login and
PostgreSQL.

Thanks and Regards,
Siva.