Re: BUG #2034: Wrong time zone IST - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #2034: Wrong time zone IST
Date
List pgsql-bugs
"Neeraj Malhotra" <malhotra_neeaj@rediffmail.com> writes:
> In postgreSQL IST timezone is being used for Israel Standard Time(+2:00)
> which is incorrect. IST stands for Indian Standard Time(+5:30). Please
> correct it because it is causing problem in our applications.

Unfortunately, what's "wrong" to you is "right" to the Israelis.

Eventually we'll probably fix things so that the list of known timezone
abbreviations is stored in a config file and can be customized for local
needs more easily.  In the meantime there's not a lot we can do about
this sort of conflict.  If you like you can make a locally modified
version with your interpretation of IST --- look at the token table in
src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c.

            regards, tom lane