Re: BUG #2034: Wrong time zone IST - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: BUG #2034: Wrong time zone IST
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 12:10:27PM +0000, Neeraj Malhotra wrote:
> In postgreSQL IST timezone is being used for Israel Standard Time(+2:00)
> which is incorrect. IST stands for Indian Standard Time(+5:30). Please
> correct it because it is causing problem in our applications.

IST means something different depending on whether you're in India,
Israel, or Ireland.  This has come up before; allowing users to
customize it is on the developers' TODO list but nobody's gotten
around to it.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-01/msg00202.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-10/msg00766.php
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.TODO.html

In the first message above, Tom Lane suggests hacking
src/backend/utils/adt/datetime.c if you want to fix your own system.

--
Michael Fuhr