Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22.04.21 11:23, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
>      The statistics gathered by the module are made available via a
>      view named <structname>pg_stat_statements</structname>.  This view
> -   contains one row for each distinct database ID, user ID and query
> -   ID (up to the maximum number of distinct statements that the module
> +   contains one row for each distinct database ID, user ID, query ID and
> +   toplevel (up to the maximum number of distinct statements that the module
>      can track).  The columns of the view are shown in
>      <xref linkend="pgstatstatements-columns"/>.

I'm having trouble parsing this new sentence.  It now says essentially

"This view contains one row for each distinct database ID, each distinct
user ID, each distinct query ID, and each distinct toplevel."

That last part doesn't make sense.