Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: XversionUpgrade tests broken by postfix operator removal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/19/20 12:21 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> Here's how cross version upgrade testing works. It uses a cached version of the binaries and data directory. The
cacheis only refreshed if there's a buildfarm run on that branch. If not, the cached version will just sit there till
kingdomcome. So all this should normally need for the non-live branches is a one-off adjustment in the cached version
ofthe regression database along the lines I have indicated. My cached versions of 9.2 and 9.3 are two years old.

> Hmm, okay, so patching this on gitmaster wouldn't help anyway.
>
>> But another alternative would be to have the buildfarm module run (on
>> versions older than 9.5):
>>     drop operator @#@ (NONE, bigint);
>>     CREATE OPERATOR @#@ (
>>         PROCEDURE = factorial,
>>         RIGHTARG = bigint
>>     );
>> On reflection I think that's probably the simplest solution. It will avoid any surprises if the cached version is
rebuilt,and at the same time preserve testing the prefix operator.

> Works for me.

OK, I rolled back the changes I made in the legacy branch databases, and
this fix worked.

For reference, here is the complete hotfix.

cheers

andrew

Attachment