Re: SQL/JSON features for v15 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: SQL/JSON features for v15
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 8/15/22 10:14 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

> I pushed a few cleanups to https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/commits/json
> while I was hacking on this (ignore that it's based on the meson tree, that's
> just faster for me). Some of them might not be applicable anymore, but it
> might still make sense for you to look at.

With RMT hat on, this appears to be making progress. A few questions /
comments for the group:

1. Nikita: Did you have a chance to review Andres's changes as well?

2. There seems to be some, though limited, progress on design docs.
Andres keeps making a point on adding additional comments to the code to
make it easier to follow. Please do not lose sight of this.

3. Robert raised a point about the use of subtransactions and the
increased risk of wraparound on busy systems using the SQL/JSON
features. Do these patches help reduce this risk? I read some clarity on
the use of subtransactions within the patchset, but want to better
understand if the risks pointed out are a concern.

Thanks everyone for your work on this so far!

Jonathan

Attachment