Re: build remaining Flex files standalone - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: build remaining Flex files standalone
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2022-08-16 17:41:43 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
>> That directive has been supported in Bison since 2.4.2.

> 2.4.2 is from 2010. So I think we could just start relying on it?

Apple is still shipping 2.3.  Is this worth enough to make Mac
users install a non-default Bison?  I seriously doubt it.

I don't say that there won't be a reason that justifies that
at some point, but letting headerscheck test autogenerated
files seems of only microscopic benefit :-(