Re: PGDATA - SOLVED - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Mike
Subject Re: PGDATA - SOLVED
Date
List pgsql-novice
Mr. Operations, I've had a similar frustrating experience with PGDATA;
basically, i can't make it "stick."  Once I shut down the postgresql
server the PGDATA configuration is cleared and has to be stated again
before starting postgres, or I'll get an error message.

So I had to insert the command into the system start-up process.
In Gentoo, it's /etc/conf.d/local.start
and the command that works is ---

export PGDATA=/var/lib/postgresql/data

Mike