Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: kerberos/001_auth test fails on arm CPU darwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 27.09.22 03:37, Andres Freund wrote:
> Maybe we should rely on PATH, rather than hardcoding OS dependent locations?
> Or at least fall back to seach binaries in PATH? Seems pretty odd to hardcode
> all these locations without a way to influence it from outside the test.

Homebrew intentionally does not install the krb5 and openldap packages
into the path, because they conflict with macOS-provided software.
However, those macOS-provided variants don't provide all the pieces we
need for the tests.

Also, on Linux you need /usr/sbin, which is often not in the path.

So I think there is no good way around hardcoding a lot of these paths.