Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David E. Wheeler
Subject Re: PL/pgSQL PERFORM with CTE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Aug 20, 2013, at 2:53 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am passing the values returned from a CTE to a call to pg_notify(). I do not care to collect the output of
pg_notify(),which returns VOID.

> it is little bit different issue - PL/pgSQL doesn't check if returned type is VOID - it can be allowed, I am
thinking.So check of empty result can be enhanced.

I am confused. I do not need to check the result (except via FOUND). But I am sure I can think of other situations
whereI am calling something where I do not care about the result, even if it returns one.

Best,

David