Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From John Gage
Subject Re: Putting an aggregate value in an UPDATE statement...
Date
List pgsql-novice
In the first place, thanks a very great deal for all the feedback.
Much appreciated.

In the second, the UPDATE statement I used as an example was really a
kludge because I could not figure out how to place the same SELECT
COUNT(*) expression into an INSERT statement.  Turns out that by
enclosing _it_ in parentheses, everything is cool.  Superb.

John