No More Processes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Lester
Subject No More Processes
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm trying to run PostgreSQL 7.4.1 on Mac OS 10.2.6. I'm running into
problems when the number of process for the postgres user reaches 100.
When that happens I get a "No More Processes" message in the terminal
shell. From then on, that user is "locked". I can't even ssh into it.

I've tried to increase the max process limit in my startup script, but
I'm still getting the same behavior. Here's part of my script:

#!/bin/sh
. /etc/rc.common

StartService ()
{
    ulimit -u unlimited               # before -u = 100
    var=`ulimit -a`
    ConsoleMessage "$var"   # shows -u = 532 (which is good I think)
    su - postgres -c '/usr/local/bin/pg_ctl -o "-i"  -D
/Library/PostgreSQL/data -l /Library/PostgreSQL/data/logfile.log start'
}

Please. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!