Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From MauMau
Subject Re: Memory ordering issue in LWLockRelease, WakeupWaiters, WALInsertSlotRelease
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: "Peter Geoghegan" <pg@heroku.com>
> You mentioned a hang during a B-Tree insert operation - do you happen
> to have a backtrace that relates to that?

Sorry, I may have misunderstood.  The three stack traces I attached are not
related to btree.  I recall that I saw one stack trace containing
bt_insert(), but I'm not sure.

When the hang occurred, INSERT/UPDATE/COMMIT statements stopped for at least
one hour, while SELECT statements ran smoothly.

Regards
MauMau