8.3 and uuid: unable to run uuid-ossp.sql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Giorgio Valoti
Subject 8.3 and uuid: unable to run uuid-ossp.sql
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,
I’m trying to enable the uuid module with a SUSE Linux. I’ve
installed the uuid library with the default settings and configured/
compiled/installed pgsql with these flags:

./configure --prefix=/opt/local/pgsql --with-perl --with-tcl --with-
tclconfig=/opt/local/lib --with-openssl --with-readline --with-zlib --
enable-thread-safety --enable-integer-datetimes --with-ossp-uuid

Then I’ve installed the uuid shared library from the contrib
directory and the .so file is located under /opt/local/pgsql/lib/uuid-
ossp.so.
When I try to install the uuid functions I get this error:

psql:share/contrib/uuid-ossp.sql:9: ERROR:  could not load library "/
opt/local/pgsql/lib/uuid-ossp.so": libuuid.so.16: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Can somebody help me to solve this problem? Or give some hints?

Thank you in advance

--
Giorgio Valoti