Re: 8.3 and uuid: unable to run uuid-ossp.sql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 8.3 and uuid: unable to run uuid-ossp.sql
Date
List pgsql-general
Giorgio Valoti wrote:

> When I try to install the uuid functions I get this error:
>
> psql:share/contrib/uuid-ossp.sql:9: ERROR:  could not load library "/
> opt/local/pgsql/lib/uuid-ossp.so": libuuid.so.16: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory

Make sure the libuuid.so.16 file is somewhere the dynamic linker can
find it.  Perhaps the directory where it resides could be added to
/etc/ld.so.conf (and run ldconfig after that), or put it in
LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the postmaster's environment.

Even better, install OSSP's libuuid using your distribution packages,
which would likely put it in /usr/lib or another well-known place where
you won't need any of these additional fixups.