PG12.2 Configure cannot enalble SSL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gavan Schneider
Subject PG12.2 Configure cannot enalble SSL
Date
List pgsql-general

Greetings:

This problem may be related to several threads I have found, e.g.,
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/29069.1575298784%40sss.pgh.pa.us

Context:
Building PG12.2 and need to enable SSL
Previous version builds have been uneventful but I haven’t attempted to enable SSL before

Sources:
PG — standard source distribution 12.2
OpenSSL — Homebrew
macOS Catalina v 10.15.4

Checks:
configure finishes normally if I do not attempt to enable SSL
the header files are at the end of the —with-includes
they are readable
searches for this problem seem to relate to older versions and are no longer relevant in that I seem to have the include files properly identified

Problem:
I really don’t know where to go with this except to hope someone can see my =obvious= error
All help appreciated.

Relecvant terminal:
-bash-3.2$ cd postgresql-12.2
-bash-3.2$ ls -las
total 1488
0 drwxrwxrwx@ 18 pendari staff 576 11 Feb 09:29 .
0 drwxr-xr-x+ 8 postgres wheel 256 14 May 16:17 ..
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 730 11 Feb 09:14 .dir-locals.el
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 1547 11 Feb 09:14 .gitattributes
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 504 11 Feb 09:14 .gitignore
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 1192 11 Feb 09:14 COPYRIGHT
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 3909 11 Feb 09:14 GNUmakefile.in
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 284 11 Feb 09:14 HISTORY
128 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 61606 11 Feb 09:29 INSTALL
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 1665 11 Feb 09:14 Makefile
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 1212 11 Feb 09:14 README
8 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 522 11 Feb 09:14 aclocal.m4
0 drwxrwxrwx@ 23 pendari staff 736 11 Feb 09:28 config
1120 -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 pendari staff 572134 11 Feb 09:14 configure
168 -rw-r--r--@ 1 pendari staff 83465 11 Feb 09:14 configure.in
0 drwxrwxrwx@ 59 pendari staff 1888 11 Feb 09:28 contrib
0 drwxrwxrwx@ 7 pendari staff 224 11 Feb 09:28 doc
0 drwxrwxrwx@ 22 pendari staff 704 11 Feb 09:29 src
-bash-3.2$
-bash-3.2$ ./configure --with-openssl \
> --with-includes=/usr/local/opt/openssl/include/openssl \
> --with-libraries=/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
checking build system type... x86_64-apple-darwin19.4.0
checking host system type... x86_64-apple-darwin19.4.0
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking openssl/ssl.h usability... no
checking openssl/ssl.h presence... no
checking for openssl/ssl.h... no
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL
-bash-3.2$

-bash-3.2$ /usr/local/Cellar/openssl@1.1/1.1.1g/bin/openssl version
OpenSSL 1.1.1g  21 Apr 2020
-bash-3.2$

Gavan Schneider
——
Gavan Schneider, Sodwalls, NSW Australia
Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong. The ancients, in the case at bar, laid the blame upon the gods: sometimes they were remote and surly, and sometimes they were kind. In the Middle Ages lesser power took a hand in the matter, and so one reads of works of art inspired by Our Lady, by the Blessed Saints, by the souls of the departed, and even by the devil. H. L. Mencken, 1920