Re: Apache authorization using postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Gage
Subject Re: Apache authorization using postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
I really like the idea of using postgres, as opposed to the file
system, to store user names and passwords for http authorization on
apache.  It is a very good fit and facilitates data collection, etc.

On the other hand, there is no dichotomy, because what is stored in a
file can also be stored in postgres.

Ultimately, I increasingly like to push everything I can back into SQL
on postgres.  Make the perl cgi routines as simple as possible and
have the intelligence in postgres.

Yes, MacOSX 10.5.

Thanks,

John