Re: can't install postgres 8.4 on windows 2003 server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Massa, Harald Armin
Subject Re: can't install postgres 8.4 on windows 2003 server
Date
List pgsql-general
Ritas,

>modules. Please check the installation logs in C:/docs&setttings/user/local
>settings/temp for details". The log file doesn't have any error, but it

that directory name for "docs and settings" looks strange to me. (disclaimer: using German language versions of Windows); I am used to "documents and settings" and no "&" in directory names.

so let me throw in a very, very wild guess: is your Programs and Files directory possibly
"Progs&Files" or similiar?

My suggestion is to try to install PostgreSQL in a place without an "&" in the directory name ...

(just a feeling deep from my belly)

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa