Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers
Date
Re: GUC for temporarily disabling event triggers  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> On 27 Jan 2023, at 15:00, Mikhail Gribkov <youzhick@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a complete framework for disabling various types of the event triggers separately, but, the list of valid
GUCvalues only include 'all' and 'none'. Why not adding support for all the event trigger types separately? Everything
isalready there in the patch; the only thing needed is expanding couple of enums. It's cheap in terms of code size and
evencheaper in terms of performance. And moreover - it would be a good example for anyone adding new trigger types.

I can't exactly recall my reasoning, but I do think you're right that if we're
to have this GUC it should support the types of existing EVTs.  The updated v4
implements that as well as a rebase on top of master and fixing a typo
discovered upthread.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

Attachment