Re: Unable to Update a Record - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wang, Mary Y
Subject Re: Unable to Update a Record
Date
List pgsql-general
Sorry, that I didn't explain my problem very clearly.
Anyway, here is the deal:

I'm the admin for the database, so, I've all the privileges of updating,
deletion, and reviewing and et.

When I tried to select based on the bemsid condition, TWO ROWS returned:

select * from users where bemsid=949762;

 user_id | user_name |           email           | user_pw |    realname
| status |   shell   | unix_pw | unix_status | unix_uid | unix_box |
add_date  | confirm_hash | mail_siteupdates | mail_va | authorized_keys
| email_new | people_view_skills | people_resume | timezone | language |
third_party |         personal_status          | bemsid | sensitive_info
| reason_access | organization | brass_first_time | mail_sitenews_update
| doclinks_sort_order
---------+-----------+---------------------------+---------+------------
-----+--------+-----------+---------+-------------+----------+----------
+------------+--------------+------------------+---------+--------------
---+-----------+--------------------+---------------+----------+--------
--+-------------+----------------------------------+--------+-----------
-----+---------------+--------------+------------------+----------------
------+---------------------
    4215 | 949762    | john.a.hoff@boeing.com |         | Hoff, John A |
A      | /bin/bash |         | N           |        0 | shell1   |
1114441842 |              |                0 |       0 |
|           |                  0 |               | GMT      |        1 |
1 | uscompany                         | 949762 |                |
| IDS          | 0                |                    0 |
    1828 | 949762    | john.a.hoff@boeing.com |         | Hoff, John A |
A      | /bin/bash |         | A           |      436 | shell1   |
1076368047 |              |                0 |       0 |
|           |                  0 |               | GMT      |        1 |
1 | uscompany                         | 949762 |                |
| IDS          | 0                |                      | D
(2 rows)

But when I tried select user_id=4215, the result return 0 rows:

select * from users where user_id=4215;
 user_id | user_name | email | user_pw | realname | status | shell |
unix_pw | unix_status | unix_uid | unix_box | add_date | confirm_hash |
mail_siteupdates | mail_va | authorized_keys | email_new |
people_view_skills | people_resume | timezone | language | third_party |
personal_status | bemsid | sensitive_info | reason_access | organization
| brass_first_time | mail_sitenews_update | doclinks_sort_order
---------+-----------+-------+---------+----------+--------+-------+----
-----+-------------+----------+----------+----------+--------------+----
--------------+---------+-----------------+-----------+-----------------
(0 rows)

I'm really confused.  I want to delete user_id=4215 because it is
causing me login errors.  But I can't select, update, delete that
record. I'm not sure if that record really exist.

I used the Vaccum, but it didn't help.

Thanks in advance.

Mary Wang