Re: Object create date - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From George Pavlov
Subject Re: Object create date
Date
Re: Object create date  (Erik Jones <ejones@engineyard.com>)
List pgsql-sql
1. not exactly what you were looking for, but i answer this partially by putting a commented-out CVS expansion tag
(e.g.$Id:) in the body of the function so that it gets into the catalog and can be searched:

 CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION foo () RETURNS void AS $BODY$ -- $Id: foo.sql,v 1.6 2008/12/23 00:06:52 gpavlov Exp $ BEGIN

and query it by something like this:
 select   routine_name,   substring(routine_definition from E'%#\042-- #\044Id: % Exp #\044#\042%' for '#') as cvs_id
frominformation_schema.routines ;

2. you can also make some inference about the relative timing of object creation based on the OIDs (query
pg_catalog.pg_procrather than information_schema.routines for proc OIDs).