Re: jdbc capabilities - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kovács Péter
Subject Re: jdbc capabilities
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
You can check the capabilities even at runtime querying the DatabaseMetaData
object returned by java.sql.Connection.getMetaData(). At design time you can
look at the source code :-). The result set is scrollable, but for this
purpose a client side cache is used instead of a backend side cursor, what
would be more useful for large result set. Consequently the result set is
not updatable :-(.

Again, the source code is your best friend.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Dahlin [mailto:Steven_dahlin@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 7:52 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] jdbc capabilities

What capabilities does the postgresql jdbc have?  Specifically I was testing
creating a scrollable, updatable resultset so that I could update a field.
However, upon trying to execute java.sql.ResultSet.updateString() I was
informed that the method was not yet implemented.  Is there documentation
that specifically covers what is implemented and/or available with
postgresql jdbc?

Thanks,
Steve