Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection?
Date
List pgadmin-support

On 07/06/2011, at 22:38, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

What does the query tool tell you when you execute your query? nothing
like "Do you want to attempt to reconnect to the database?"?

I run the query, and I get this:

before or while processing the request.

When I try to run it again, I get

no connection to the server

- So I close the windows, go to the main window and refresh the database. It asks me whether I want it to reconnect.
- I say yes, it reconnects - but when I try to open the table edit window again, PgAdmin crashes.

So I have to restart PgAdmin and set everything up from scratch.

Dont know what happens but it shouldn't crash.

You should probably describe your issue with more details.

What details were missing from my description? I gave a step-by-step description of what I did.

By the way, it was discussed in the past that column width setups in the table window should be saved somewhere - at least for the last table edited. They are not saved and so I need to start adjusting the columns over again every time the above scenario happens. I suppose if re-connecting from the edit tool was possible, this would be a moot point.

As already said, only the query tool (not the edit tool) has this
feature.

Is there a reason why to support it only in the query tool? I think all tools should have the ability to recover from server disconnections, especially since they require fine tuning again and again.

Herouth