Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Is 1.14 supposed to behave differently when it loses connection?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 12:22 +0300, Herouth Maoz wrote:
> [...]
> I saw this feature in the changelog "Ask to reset connection in the query tool.", so I thought this would be
somethingI requested a long time ago, that if connection is lost, the query and the table editing tool would ask to
reconnectinstead of just display an error and then ignore everything.

> But I seem to be wrong - the behavior hasn't changed relative to 1.12.x. Did I interpret it incorrectly?

Works great for me.

> The scenario now is rather unfortunate.
>
> - I have a query tool and a table edit window open.

The Edit grid has not changed. Only the query tool has this feature for
1.14.

> - While my Mac sleeps, the connection is lost.
> - I try to refresh or do anything in the tool or window, and I get an error and I can no longer do anything with
thesewindows.

What does the query tool tell you when you execute your query? nothing
like "Do you want to attempt to reconnect to the database?"?

> - So I close the windows, go to the main window and refresh the database. It asks me whether I want it to reconnect.
> - I say yes, it reconnects - but when I try to open the table edit window again, PgAdmin crashes.
>
> So I have to restart PgAdmin and set everything up from scratch.

Dont know what happens but it shouldn't crash.

You should probably describe your issue with more details.

> By the way, it was discussed in the past that column width setups in the table window should be saved somewhere - at
leastfor the last table edited. They are not saved and so I need to start adjusting the columns over again every time
theabove scenario happens. I suppose if re-connecting from the edit tool was possible, this would be a moot point.

As already said, only the query tool (not the edit tool) has this
feature.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com