Re: backend reset of database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: backend reset of database
Date
List pgsql-general
Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Is pcmiler a Postgres-specific backend extension?

> No.  It's a standalone application that provides an api to build calls
> into there product from other applications.  What we've done is created
> functions that are called from the database that use their api.

Did you recompile/relink these glue functions when moving up to the new
version?  Are they built with debugging enabled?

The trace is *really* suspicious given what you say here.  I'm inclined
to think that what is really happening is that something is jumping to
never-never land (via a clobbered function pointer or overwriting a
return address on the stack) and it just happens to end up in FileRead.
Unfortunately that guess doesn't provide much help for debugging it :-(

            regards, tom lane