Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Staubo
Subject Re: Is there a shortage of postgresql skilled ops people
Date
List pgsql-general
On Apr 9, 2007, at 18:10 , Gerard Seibert wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 10:34:22 -0500
> Erik Jones <erik@myemma.com> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm...  I didn't have anything HTML set anywhere.  I did however
>> have message formatting set to Rich-Text (although I was unaware)
>> and have switched that to plaintext.  This look better?
>
> Yes, much better. I believe that 'rich text' is essentially HTML,
> although I might be mistaken. I know that 'GMail' users have that
> problem all the time. Of course 'GMail' users have lots of other
> problems also.

Erik has actually been posting messages as "multipart/alternative",
where the message is included in both 7-bit plaintext *and* HTML, the
idea being that the mail viewer itself can pick the format it knows
best. You are simply using a mail reader which prioritizes HTML;
perhaps it has a setting to let you prefer plaintext?

Alexander.