Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Hide 'Execution time' in EXPLAIN (COSTS OFF)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Well. Unless I miss something it doesn't resolve the problem that
> started this thread. Namely that it's currently impossible to write
> regression using EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, TIMING OFF. COSTS OFF). Which is
> worthwhile because it allows to tests some behaviour that's only visible
> in actually executed plans (like seing that a subtree wasn't executed).

TBH, I don't particularly care about that.  A new flag for turning
"summary timing" off would answer the complaint with not too much
non-orthogonality ... but I really don't find this use case compelling
enough to justify adding a feature to EXPLAIN.