Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: error message when subscriptiontarget is a partitioned table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: [Sender Address Forgery]Re: error message when subscriptiontarget is a partitioned table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks for reviewing.

On 2018/12/31 20:23, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 06/12/2018 05:46, Amit Langote wrote:
>>      /*
>>       * We currently only support writing to regular tables.
>>       */
>
> I think that comment should stay above the code you are adding.

Do you mean to keep it at the top and expand it to mention the point about
partitioned and foreign tables, like this:

     /*
-     * We currently only support writing to regular tables.
+     * We currently only support writing to regular tables.  However, give
+     * a more specific error for partitioned and foreign tables.
      */
+    if (relkind == RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE)

If so, that makes sense.  I've updated the patch like that.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment