Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.
Date
Re: pgsql: Avoid creation of the free space map for small heap relations.  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> Yes, so this could be the cause of the problem.  I think we need to
> change the tests added by the patch such that they don't rely on
> vacuum to remove dead-row versions?  Do you or anybody else see any
> better way to fix this?

To be blunt, this patch needs to be reverted immediately.  The failures
that are showing up are not just "the fsm test is not portable" problems.
See for example

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=mantid&dt=2019-01-28%2005%3A07%3A06

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=dromedary&dt=2019-01-28%2003%3A07%3A39

https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=lapwing&dt=2019-01-28%2003%3A20%3A02

I don't know what the common thread is here, but you don't get to leave
the buildfarm broken this badly while you figure it out.