Re: Re[2]: lower() for varchar data by creating an index - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Re[2]: lower() for varchar data by creating an index
Date
List pgsql-sql
> Tom Lane writes:
>> What's the point of a notice?  "You just deleted OID equals.  Better
>> luck with your next database."  Either we think this is too dangerous to
>> be allowed even to the dbadmin, or we don't.

> Anyway, shouldn't you be able to do CREATE FUNCTION xxx (...) LANGUAGE
> 'internal'; to recreate it? (And that wouldn't actually require things
> like oideq to be in pg_proc, would it?)

I was thinking that the CREATE needs to insert index entries, which
depends on having the datatype-specific procs that will be called by
the index access method.  (Not sure if oideq is actually one of the
ones used by any of the indexes on pg_proc, but you get my drift.)

If I had some spare time I'd try it in a junk database...
        regards, tom lane