Re: Executable files in CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Executable files in CVS
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane writes:
>> Besides, it's a tad odd to see files that are marked group writable but
>> not owner writable.  You've got to agree there's not much sense in that.

> How else are you going to commit files?  /usr/bin/cvs is not setuid,

Sure, but as long as the directories are group-writable it can rename
the old version out of the way.  Which is what I think it's actually
doing, because there are some files in the tree that are not group
writable --- src/backend/commands/alter.c,v is an example.