Re: pg_upgrade tests vs alter generic changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_upgrade tests vs alter generic changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The recent alter generic tests have broken pg_upgrade testing on Windows
> and probably other non-collation-supporting platforms.

Is it still broken after Alvaro added the alternate expected file, and
if so why?  I don't see a reason that this should be failing only there.
I also note that it seems to be passing fine on buildfarm members other
than pitta.

> This can be cured
> by making the pg_upgrade test set up its test installs with "initdb
> --no-locale." as shown below (with similar changes for the MSVC  build
> system also being needed)

That seems like a kluge, not a solution.  There's no reason I can see
why pg_upgrade's repeat of the regression tests should be more sensitive
to locale environment than the main run is.