Unportable use of uname in pg_upgrade test script - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Unportable use of uname in pg_upgrade test script
Date
List pgsql-hackers
BTW, I tried the pg_upgrade regression tests this morning on my dinosaur
HPUX box, and it promptly fell over with:

uname: illegal option -- o
usage: uname [-amnrsvil] [-S nodename]
make: *** [check] Error 1

This is not terribly surprising, because the -o option is nowhere to be
seen in the Single Unix Spec definition of uname; which means this is
likely to fail on other platforms too.  I would suggest using -s, or no
option at all, or finding some other way to identify Windows/MSys.