Re: About Access paths - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Greg Stark
Subject Re: About Access paths
Date
List pgsql-general

> It's a fairly corner case feature, only for the case where you're
> looking for the existance of an index key but don't want any other
> data. I don't personally have any queries that could use such a
> construct, though maybe I'm missing the point.

You don't have any many-to-many relationships? Or any queries that use EXISTS
with indexable where clauses? Both of those are typical use cases for this
path.

In any case I think this type of scenario is more likely to be attacked via
some sort of "index organized table". But even that's not on the horizon right
now.

--
greg